Electrify Your Drive: Insights into the World of Electric Vehicles
HomeBlogElectrify Your Drive: Insights into the World of Electric Vehicles
Our lives and the environment are being saved by electric automobiles. Electric Vehicles (EV) can play an important role in combating climate change across the globe by helping to cut down the emissions and reducing dependence on fossil fuels.
“Electric vehicles accessible – step towards that goal.”
EV at a Glance
● Battery electric vehicles are powered by electricity stored in a battery pack.
● Plug-in hybrids combine a gasoline or diesel engine with an electric motor and large rechargeable battery.
● Fuel cell vehicles split electrons from hydrogen molecules to produce electricity to run the motor.
Electric Vehicles and the Environment
Electric vehicles are normally associated with benefits to the environment and saving energy. These benefits include reducing local pollution from the vehicles themselves, reducing dependence on oil and other fossil fuels and reduction of carbon emissions. When considering the introduction of electric vehicles a thorough understanding of the effects on the environment is needed.
Electric vehicles are not just the wave of the future, they are saving lives today.
We must make the cars and trucks on our roads as clean as possible in order to address the climate catastrophe. In order to mitigate the worst effects of climate change, we only have ten years left to modify the way we use energy.
The emissions from vehicles and trucks harm not only the environment but also our health. Asthma, bronchitis, lung damage, cancer, cardiac issues and early mortality are all caused by the air pollutants released by petrol and diesel-powered automobiles as Long-term health repercussions of localized air pollution.
In the manufacturing process, electric vehicles will produce more global warming emissions than the average gasoline vehicle, because electric cars large lithium-ion batteries require a lot of materials and energy to build.
Electric Vehicles – Edge
● They can be finely controlled and provide high torque from rest, unlike internal combustion engines, and do not need multiple gears to match power curves. Hence it removes the requirement for gearboxes and torque converters.
● Lesser vibration
● Reduce Noise Pollution
● Electric motors are mechanically very simple and often achieve 90% energy conversion efficiency over the full range of speeds and power output and can be precisely controlled.
● Economic development leads to rapid urbanization in emerging nations as rural populations move non-agricultural sectors in cities creating environmental problems.
● According to a recent study by WHO, India is home to 14 out of 20 most polluted cities in the world. EVs will help in tackling this problem by reducing local concentrations of pollutants in cities.
EV as Way Forward: EVs will contribute to improving the overall energy security situation as the country imports over 80% of its overall crude oil requirements, amounting to approximately $100 billion. The push for EVs is also expected to play an important role in the local EV manufacturing industry for job creation. Additionally, through several grid support services, EVs are expected to strengthen the grid and help accommodate higher renewable energy penetration while maintaining secure and stable grid operation.